We all know karaoke means music, karaoke means singing and above all karaoke means fun!
But do you know what it actually means? Where does it comes from? Where is it practiced the most? What is the longest karaoke session?
Here are 10 fun facts you might not know about karaoke.
- Japanese businessmen are known to hire specialized vocal coaches to help improve their voices during a karaoke box session with their clients .
- Karaoke began in the 1970s thanks to a Japanese restaurateur turned inventor, Daisuke Inoue.
- The most requested karaoke song depends on who you ask and where you are, but reportedly thetop five karaoke of all time include Summer Nights - Grease, Let it Go - Idina Menzel, Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond, Billie Jean - Michael Jackson, Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen.
- According to the Japanese Visitor’s Center there are more than 100,000 karaoke boxes in Japan.
- Philippines holds the title for the most in-home karaoke boxes with reportedly one in almost every home.
- Sinatra's famous My Way is prohibited in many bars in the Philippines as the lyrics, considered to be arrogant, have provoked attacks on its singers.
- Karaoke World Championships are real. Seventine years and going strong.
- China holds the record for the longest karaoke session with 456 hours, two minutes and five seconds (that’s 19 days!) and a record 6,281 karaoke songs sung.
- Karaoke means empty orchestra in Japanese.
- The Italian Leonardo Polverelli, holds the Guinness World Record for the longest marathon karaoke. He sang 1,295 songs for four days straight (a total of 101 hours 59 minutes and 15 seconds).
- Singing karaoke has been proven to relieve stress, boost confidence and strengthen social connections. All proven ways to live a longer, happier life!.
Questions about setting up a karaoke box business? Get in touch!
Don't hesitate to contact our team: firstname.lastname@example.org